Purchasing leads is an excellent source of new business, however even the top lead providers can’t prevent the occasional bad lead. This could stem from someone falsifying information online, entering data incorrectly, or a variety of other reasons. The good news is, most companies allow you to receive credit back for bad leads. Blitz can help you track these requests to ensure you aren’t forgetting to request credit back, as well as notifying you that a lead is bad if you ever receive the same information in the future. Below are a couple of easy ways to accomplish this:
Using a status
- Create a “Request Credit” status in Administration > Lead Statuses.
- When you get a bad lead, add a note and update the status to “Request Credit.” Or even better, create a quick add to accomplish this in one click.
- To find all leads with this status, refer to the “All Leads By Status” section on the My Blitz page. Click “View” next to “Request Credit” to open those leads.
- Once you have received credit back, change the status to “Bad Lead” or “Do Not Call” to take the lead out of this category.
Using a tag
- Create a “Request Credit” tag in Administration > Lead Tags.
- When you get a bad lead, add the “Request Credit” tag to the lead within the lead log.
Don’t see this option? Click “Show Tags” on the top of the lead log.
- To find all leads with this status, refer to the “All Tagged Leads” section on the My Blitz page. Click on the “Request Credit” tag to open those leads.
- Once you have received credit back, remove the tag from the lead by clicking on the “X” on the tag within the lead log.
Tracking future bad leads
Once you have received credit back, keep the lead in Blitz’s web based software. By saving bad leads, when you get this contact again in the future Blitz will notify you that there is a duplicate lead so that you will not waste your time and energy attempting to reach them.