The most effective sales lead generation methods for finding clients might surprise you.
These days, it is safe to say that when someone talks about sales lead generation, digital marketing channels like websites and social media come to mind. While Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn can be a great way to reach potential customers, other approaches including events like tradeshows, webinars, and telemarketing are often underutilized.
Plus, each sales lead generation method does not always work for all brands or across all industries. There are several ways that your business would potentially find and reach out to new customers. So to determine which process works best, you could start by trying our several different strategies. Then by carefully measuring the results, you can determine what yields the best result for your company.
Following up with your new leads at the right time is important to nurturing the relationship and turning them into paying customers. Blitz gives you the tools you need to help your company for sales follow up like never before! Schedule a free demo with us, and we’ll show you how we can help you automate your sales and marketing follow up and save hours every single day!
Here are our top eight tips and tricks for finding new customers.
1. Add live chat to your website. People visiting your website often have questions and appreciate being able to get responses fast. Live chat allows for potential customers to engage with your sales team, but in a way that is more comfortable for them. But for those customers who want to call or email, don’t forget to make the information accessible from all pages of the website, and on both the top and bottom of every page.
2. Turn your partners into co-marketing opportunities. Find non-competitive vendors that offer services that would be complementary for your business. Reach out to those companies and see if there is reason to form a partnership to promote each other’s products or services. This be mutually beneficial, but be forewarned, this approach can often be time-consuming to maintain.
3. Demonstrate thought-leadership at in-person speaking events. Nothing proves to a potential customer that you know what you’re talking about then proving it by speaking at an event. Consider giving a presentation at a tradeshow, conference, or industry-related function, which can be a great way of generating leads. This can build your name and reputation within the industry, and in turn, provide more credibility for yourself and your company.
4. Get as many customer referrals as you can. Few things can convince a prospective customer to give your business a shot then a referral from a happy customer. This will also add credibility to your company’s products or services.
Blitz has the tools and knowledge that your team needs to take your lead generation and sales follow up the next level. Contact us today to schedule a free demo and we will share more tips for sales lead generation that you can’t afford to miss!
5. Online advertising and optimization is always a good investment. Search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) can really help get your company’s named out to the public. Organic or unpaid SEO can be cost-effective also, but can also be quite time-consuming to get started. SEM and pay per click (PPC) can help you generate leads, but be careful – as it can be quite costly to both establish and maintain. This is especially true with certain markets where competition is high for the key words and phrases you are hoping to leverage.
6. Purposeful content is your friend. If your company is hoping to promote your website using organic SEO then you will want to listen up. Search engines love useful, meaningful, and original content. Not only does it help to further promote thought leadership, but premium content pieces like product overviews, blog posts, videos, case studies, and white papers (just to name a few) can be distributed by your sales team when speaking to customers and leads 1:1 after a call or within an email, but also on follow up email campaigns and on social media.
7. Use LinkedIn, especially for B2B marketing. If your company sells B2B (business to business) then you should be using LinkedIn among your social media networks. LinkedIn’s users are typically professional and highly educated, and are likely just the type of person you need to influence. There are numerous groups on LinkedIn that are focused on certain buyers, professions, and geographical locations that can provide a wealth of networking opportunities and promote your brand’s content to those leads and customers.
8. Use Twitter, especially for time-sensitive updates and topic promotions. For tradeshows and in-person seminars, Twitter can be a great way to promote your presence at an event. Utilizing hashtags can help prospective customers find you by topic. Plus, with Twitter you can find people based on those hashtags and can respond to the needs of the public based on the use of those hashtags.
What have you tried for sales lead generation and what has worked well at your company? We’d love to hear from you! Share your feedback in the comments below!